Monthly Archives: November 2007
Introduction to Backpacking and Leave No Trace Ethics
For Corporate-based Outdoor/Mountaineering Clubs
As part of our effort to promote safe and responsible mountaineering, I will conduct an Introduction to Backpacking and LNT Ethics lecture to all interested MFPI affiliated and non-affiliated corporate-based outdoor / mountaineering clubs and organizations.
The lecture-presentation aims to:
* Update club members of current trends in Philippine mountaineering particularly the principles of Leave No Trace.
* Instill among fellow mountaineers sensitivity to indigenous communities
* Promote mountaineering to their colleagues, fellow employees and to recruit them to their club/organization.
* Prepare the novice mountaineer for the basic mountaineering course.
* Introduce the sport to in-house human resource specialists as an alternative venue to develop corporate wellness.
* Establish a working relationship between the club and their company through their HR department for future collaboration.
The 2-hour presentation include:
I. Mountaineering in the Philippines
II. Leave No Trace Environmental Awareness
III. Sensitivity to Indegenous People and Fellow Mountaineers
IV. Safety Tips on Backpacking and Mountaineering
To schedule the lecture for your club/organization send email or text to:
Host club/organization should provide the venue, audio-visual equipment, certificates of attendance (if required) etc. minimum participants 25.
Lecturer: Salvador Elmer C. Cabotage is currently Chairman of the Education Committee, MFPI and member of the UIAA Youth Commission. He has over 15 years teaching experience at the University of Asia and the Pacific and is about to finish his MS in Leisure Studies at the University of the Philippines. A certified LNT trainor, he is also a contributing editor for Action and Fitness Magazine.
HEAR YE! HEAR YE!
The CREST (Campers, Researchers, Earth-Savers, Trekkers) invites everyone to the 3rd LUZON SUMMIT on June 4-8, 2008 to be held in Albay, Bicol Region. This event is designed to compliment the celebration of the Environment and Trail Maintainance Month in Legaspi City (Capital of Albay Province).
1.Seminars (Volcanology, Geo-Science, Rainforestation, Philippine Biodiversity, Environmental Epistomology, Resource Valuation, Environmental Communication, and Abaca Products)
2. Rope Works (Rappelling, Slide for LIfe, Free Fall, Bouldering)
3. Adventure Race within Legaspi City (Categories I and II)
4. Skin Boarding in Albay Gulf
5. Wake Boarding in Camarines Sur, and;
6. THE HIGHLIGHT: ROMANCING MAYON VOLCANO at 6,000 Ft. ASL (Actual height is 8,189 ft.ASL, the highest peak in the Bicol Region)
Province of Albay, LGU-Legaspi, Jaycees-Legaspi, DENR Reg.V, DOT and the CREST.
More details shall be posted later.
Color up you calendar!!!
MA. JOYCE E. DULCE