The MFPI, in cooperation with TRIMMOC, BAGTAK and MFSM, will hold its 35th Annual Congress at Samal Island, Davao on April 25-28, 2013.
For details, contact Jhune Bacus or post a message at the MFPI Facebook Group page.
Come to Dawey Dawey this APRIL 25-29, 2012 and experience what Zambales has to offer!
The 34th MFPI Annual Congress will be hosted by Globe Adventure Club and the Ulo ng Apo Mountaineering Club in close coordination with the Zambales tourism board. This multi-day event will showcase the Domorokdok festival and feature some of the best short films from BANFF mountain film world tour.
**Official Opening will be on April 25 but there will be climbs that will start a few days earlier. More details will be released soon.
Visit the 34th MFPI Annual Congress page on Facebook.
For Congress participants,
Find below the travel details on how to go to the basecamp and climb jumpoff point. The jump-off point for the Tubidiao, Guintubdan and PNOC climbers, proceed is at the basecamp. The jumpoff point for the Mapot climbers is at the Canlaon City. Please refer to the following advisory:
HOW TO GO TO THE BASECAMP (basecampers, Tubidiao, Guintubdan and PNOC climbers)
DESTINATION: Sitio Guintubdan, La Carlota City, Neg. Occ.
CONTACT PERSON: MAAN TORTUSA 09176166176
From the Airport
– Take a commuter van and ask to be dropped to the SDL terminal at the Libertad Public Market. Travel time is 30 minutes. Fare is P 150.00
– Take the first SDL mini bus bound for La Carlota City and get off at the Agora Public Market. Travel time is 1 hour. Fare is P 30.00
– At the Agora Public Market, look for the Guintubdan Jeepney Terminal situated at the front entrance of the Market. Ask to be dropped at the La Carlota Pavillion. Travel time is 30 minutes. Fare is P 30.00
From the Downtown Area
– Take any southbound Jeepney with the SHOPPING-LIBERTAD sign and ask to be dropped at the SDL Terminal. Follow the succeeding steps enumerated above. Jeepney fare is P 7.00.
From the SM City or Robinson’s Mall
– Take any southbound Jeepney with the LIBERTAD sign and ask to be dropped at the UNO-R. Get off in front of the University of Negros Occidental-Recoletos (UNO-R) and ask around for the location of the SDL terminal which is just about 50 meters from the University compound.
From the BREDCO Port.
– Take a tricycle and ask to be dropped at the public plaza.
– At the plaza, take any southbound Jeepney with the SHOPPING-LIBERTAD sign and ask to be dropped at the SDL terminal.
From the Ceres Terminals
– Take any southbound SHOPPING-LIBERTAD Jeepney in front of the terminal and ask to be dropped at the SDL Terminal in Libertad
– Take any Jeepney and get off at the Sincere drug store at the Libertad public market. Walk about 100 meters to the SDL terminal.
MAPOT Climbers (Mapot-Guintubdan climbers)
DESTINATION: Canlaon City, Negros Oriental
CONTACT PERSON: ALLAN HSU 09088721027
From the Airport
Take any commuter vans parked outside the airport and ask to be dropped at the CERES SOUTH TERMINAL . Fare is P 150.00. Travel time is 30 minutes. Emphasize that you’re going to the Ceres SOUTH Terminal.
From the downtown Area/SM City
Take any southbound SHOPPING-LIBERTAD or BANAGO-LIBERTAD Jeepney and ask to dropped at the CERES SOUTH TERMINAL.
From the Robinsons Mall or anywhere else in the City.
– Take any southbound Jeepney with the Libertad sign and get off at the UNO-R campus.
– At the UNO-R, take any SHOPPING-LIBERTAD or BANAGO-LIBERTAD Jeepney and get off at the CERES SOUTH TERMINAL.
AT THE CERES SOUTH TERMINAL
– Take a bus bound for Canlaon City. Travel time is 3 hours. Fare is P 90.00
AT THE CANLAON CITY
– Get off at the bus terminal. Go to the bakeshop across the Terminal where the organizers are based. Look for Allan Hsu.
– Just text me
To: All MFPI Members
List of Trustees with Expiring Terms
Luzon: Devino “Davho” Dela Cruz
Visayas: Genesis “Gen” Bolauro
Mindanao: Danny “Jun” Bacus
Election will be held at the Annual National Congress in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental. Only members in good standing are allowed to vote and be voted.
Expiring Trustees may be reelected.
For those who cannot attend the Annual National Congress, you can fill-up the attached proxy form fully notarized with photocopy of your Identification and MFPI ID, forward the said document to me or Yay Ortega.
Attached: Proxy Form
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:
I, an undersigned member of THE MOUNTAINEERING FEDERATION OF THE PHILIPPINES,INC. (commonly referred to as “the Federation”) do hereby constitute and appoint ____________________________________, with postal address at ___________________________________________________ for and in my name, place and stead, to vote as my proxy at the annual meeting of the members of the Federation to be held on ____________ 2011 during the 32th MFPI Congress regarding all and any issues requiring members’ votes at said meeting, and upon all matters to be brought up at said meeting. I confer full power of substitution, hereby ratify and confirm that my proxy may choose and vote in my stead with regard to said meeting by virtue of this proxy form. Furthermore, all previous proxy forms signed by me are rescinded.
As further proof of my consent, attached to this proxy form are: 1- copy of my identification; and 2 – a copy of proof of my membership to the Federation.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereby sign this ____ day of ________ in the year 2011.
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me this ___ day of ______________ 2011, affiant exhibiting to me his/her Community Tax Certificate No. _________ issued at ________________ on ________________.
Doc. No. ______;
Page No. ______;
Book No. ______;
Series of 2011.
Those who wish to reserve sizes for the event souvenir shirts, please get in touch with the event secretariat at email@example.com or 0917-6166176 not later than March 24, 2011.
The shirt is made of dri-fit materials manufactured by habagat.
Those who fail to reserve their sizes after the said date may content themselves with whatever size that is available during the congress.
For further details, please contact the secretariat.
Those who wish to join the mountain climbing activity of the national congress on April at Negros Occidental are advised to pre-register. This is a pre-requisite so that you will be issued a climbing permit. no walk-in registration for those who wish to join in any of the climbs.
as of this writing, the three routes are already closed and only the Tubidiao Ridge remains open. however this route is reserved only for mfpi members in god standing, mfpi applicants and sponsors. again let me reiterate that this climb is recommended only for the experienced hikers.
for luzon basecamp participants who wish to pre-register but wants to avoid the hassle of remitting their registration fees to the bank may do so at the C27 outdoor shop. just look fo jun.
at the general meeting of this year’s Congress, will have a bidding for the privilege of hosting the 2012 mid-year and 2013 national congress and mid-year. clubs who wish to host any of the said events may present their bid during the meeting. the 2011 mid-year is at Mt. Banahaw while the next Congress on 2012 is at Zambales. Agenda to follow.
for inquiries regarding the 2011 congress, please contact the event secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Pataan-Guintubdan and Guintubdan-Guintubdan routes are already closed. The Mapot route is reserved for Cebu and Mindanao members and applicants until Feb. 14, 2011 only after which the route will be opened to non-members. The Tubidiao Ridge is reserved exclusively for MFPI members and sponsors. Members in good standing (meaning those who have paid their dues) have until February 14, 2011 to book for the route. after which, it will be opened to applicant clubs and delinquent members provided that they pay their dues payable to their respective Regional officers prior to booking for the climb.
BMC Trainors Accreditation:
This is open to members who aspire to be BMC trainors. Those who have been conducting BMC within their clubs or have been assisting BMC instructions are encouraged to sign up for the program.
Basecamp participants who wish that the event t-shirt is of their exact size have to make representation with the Congress Secretariat not later than February 14, 2011 so that their sizes will be reserved.
For inquiries please get in touch with the Congress Secretariat at email@example.com.
MFPI Annual National Congress
La Carlota City, Negros Occidental
April 28 – 30, 2011
please visit http://mfpiannualcongress.dpjonline.com/ for details abouth the annual congress to be held in bacolod city.
Please be announced that registration is now open.
those who wish to attend the climbing events are advised to register early as the slots are limited in compliance with the MKNP rules and leave no trace ethics. since the climbs will only be limited to a few hikers, only official delegates by the clubs shall be admitted.
there are four routes to choose from with each route catering to hikers with unique set of specialization and schedule. however as earlier announced and reiterated members in good standing are given preference in some of the climbs. therefore the following members are given a one (1) month lead to register on ROUTES A and B starting today. After February 14, 2011 the routes will be opened to other members.
ATTENTION TO THE FOLLOWING: TMC, GEO, NWORC, Fujitsu, Outdoor Addicts, SEGA, UP Org, GAC, SMOC, NMC, UPM, Batangas Backpackers, COAT, CEMS, MPTAI and USCM. You may now register for routes A and B.
other members may now register for ROUTES C and D or the basecamp activities.
As to the instructors training, each member is entitled to two official delegates. Guideline for this will follow.
Registration fee for the climbing activities is P 800.00 while registration fee for basecamp activities is P 500.00. Unpaid or non-members will have to pay an additional P 50.00 on top of the declared registration fees.
Below is the steps for online registration:
1. choose the route you want to join
2. fill up online registration form
3. application for registration will be processed by the secretariat
4. notice of approval with attached individual data sheet will be emailed to the approved registrant signifying approval of registation
5. approved registrant will pay the pertinent registration fee at the host club’s bank account (to be announced)
6. confirmed registrant will be posted at the website.
registration fee is non-refundble