Author Archives: tanggero
This is to officially state that the Mountaineering Federation of the Philippines Inc. or MFPI :
• HAS NOT sought permit from the Mt. Banahaw-San Cristobal Protected Landscape Park Superintendent’s office to climb the Tayabas side of Mt. Banahaw on Oct 11-12, 2014.
• DOES NOT have any scheduled “Friendship Ecological Climb Activity” in Barangay Lalo, Tayabas City, Quezon Province
The scheduled climb on Oct. 11-12, 2014 on the Tayabas side of Mt. Banahaw for which the permit (shown below) was issued for a group of 16 climbers is in NO WAY connected to MFPI.
May the public be aware and be protected from adventure organizers who choose to misrepresent and mislead clients and guests who join their trips in good faith.
By the way, Park Superintendent Salud of the Mt. Banahaw-San Cristobal Protected Landscape has already been informed about this. Permit has been cancelled.
The Mountaineering Federation of the Phil., (MFPI) Inc., is the umbrella organization of major mountaineering clubs in the Philippines. MFPI have Fifty-Five (55) member organizations representing more than 30,000 mountaineers and outdoor enthusiasts. It is a member organization of the Union Internationale des Association D’ Alpinisme (UIAA) or the International Mountaineering and Climbing Federation. UIAA is the world body of mountaineering federations. In addition, MFPI is also a partner organization of the Leave No Trace, Inc. based in Colorado, USA.
The Concerned Aduana Mountaineers of the Phils., Outdoor Addicts Inc. Tiwi Mountaineer and Outdoor Enthusiast and Tribu Guinobateño Mountaineering Club are mountaineering/outdoor and environmental groups duly registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission that venture in adventure activities and recreation, environmental conservation and protection, and cultural community preservation. Said groups are members of the Mountaineering Federation of the Philippines, Inc.
The above mentioned entities are working together to uphold the 6th MFPI Luzon Summit with a theme “Pagtiripon Manungod Kan Kapalibutan” (Pagtitipon para sa Kalikasan). This is yearly event when major mountaineering clubs under the MFPI conglomerate. This will be held in Brgy Bagasbas, Daet, Camarines Norte on July 6-10, 2011.
We are opening this event to all. We are expecting an attendance of no less than one hundred (100) participants. Below are the lists of activities for the event:
Basic Mountaineering Course (BMC)
High Altitude Mountaineering
Mountain Climbing at Mt. Balagbag and Mt. Labo
Skim / Surf Clinic
MFPI Luzon President’s meeting
Mountain Bike Challenge
In this regard, we would like to request your presence as well as your club on the above mentioned activity, as this aims not only to promote goodwill and camaraderie between and among member clubs and outdoor enthusiasts, but also to enhance awareness on environmental conservation and protection. Please find hereto attached schedule of activities and other details for your reference.
Should you have further queries on the said activity, please feel free to address your inquiries to or Ronnel Panganiban +639274005832, Marky Bagares +639052870559, Shey Gutierrez-Ramos +639175138003 or email us at email@example.com.
For Congress participants,
Find below the travel details on how to go to the basecamp and climb jumpoff point. The jump-off point for the Tubidiao, Guintubdan and PNOC climbers, proceed is at the basecamp. The jumpoff point for the Mapot climbers is at the Canlaon City. Please refer to the following advisory:
HOW TO GO TO THE BASECAMP (basecampers, Tubidiao, Guintubdan and PNOC climbers)
DESTINATION: Sitio Guintubdan, La Carlota City, Neg. Occ.
CONTACT PERSON: MAAN TORTUSA 09176166176
From the Airport
– Take a commuter van and ask to be dropped to the SDL terminal at the Libertad Public Market. Travel time is 30 minutes. Fare is P 150.00
– Take the first SDL mini bus bound for La Carlota City and get off at the Agora Public Market. Travel time is 1 hour. Fare is P 30.00
– At the Agora Public Market, look for the Guintubdan Jeepney Terminal situated at the front entrance of the Market. Ask to be dropped at the La Carlota Pavillion. Travel time is 30 minutes. Fare is P 30.00
From the Downtown Area
– Take any southbound Jeepney with the SHOPPING-LIBERTAD sign and ask to be dropped at the SDL Terminal. Follow the succeeding steps enumerated above. Jeepney fare is P 7.00.
From the SM City or Robinson’s Mall
– Take any southbound Jeepney with the LIBERTAD sign and ask to be dropped at the UNO-R. Get off in front of the University of Negros Occidental-Recoletos (UNO-R) and ask around for the location of the SDL terminal which is just about 50 meters from the University compound.
From the BREDCO Port.
– Take a tricycle and ask to be dropped at the public plaza.
– At the plaza, take any southbound Jeepney with the SHOPPING-LIBERTAD sign and ask to be dropped at the SDL terminal.
From the Ceres Terminals
– Take any southbound SHOPPING-LIBERTAD Jeepney in front of the terminal and ask to be dropped at the SDL Terminal in Libertad
– Take any Jeepney and get off at the Sincere drug store at the Libertad public market. Walk about 100 meters to the SDL terminal.
MAPOT Climbers (Mapot-Guintubdan climbers)
DESTINATION: Canlaon City, Negros Oriental
CONTACT PERSON: ALLAN HSU 09088721027
From the Airport
Take any commuter vans parked outside the airport and ask to be dropped at the CERES SOUTH TERMINAL . Fare is P 150.00. Travel time is 30 minutes. Emphasize that you’re going to the Ceres SOUTH Terminal.
From the downtown Area/SM City
Take any southbound SHOPPING-LIBERTAD or BANAGO-LIBERTAD Jeepney and ask to dropped at the CERES SOUTH TERMINAL.
From the Robinsons Mall or anywhere else in the City.
– Take any southbound Jeepney with the Libertad sign and get off at the UNO-R campus.
– At the UNO-R, take any SHOPPING-LIBERTAD or BANAGO-LIBERTAD Jeepney and get off at the CERES SOUTH TERMINAL.
AT THE CERES SOUTH TERMINAL
– Take a bus bound for Canlaon City. Travel time is 3 hours. Fare is P 90.00
AT THE CANLAON CITY
– Get off at the bus terminal. Go to the bakeshop across the Terminal where the organizers are based. Look for Allan Hsu.
– Just text me
Date: April 30, 2011
Time: 2:00 pm
Venue: Sitio Guintudban, La Carlota City, Negros Occidental
Your participation is a must.
MFPI Corp Sec
To: All MFPI Members
List of Trustees with Expiring Terms
Luzon: Devino “Davho” Dela Cruz
Visayas: Genesis “Gen” Bolauro
Mindanao: Danny “Jun” Bacus
Election will be held at the Annual National Congress in La Carlota City, Negros Occidental. Only members in good standing are allowed to vote and be voted.
Expiring Trustees may be reelected.
For those who cannot attend the Annual National Congress, you can fill-up the attached proxy form fully notarized with photocopy of your Identification and MFPI ID, forward the said document to me or Yay Ortega.
Attached: Proxy Form
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:
I, an undersigned member of THE MOUNTAINEERING FEDERATION OF THE PHILIPPINES,INC. (commonly referred to as “the Federation”) do hereby constitute and appoint ____________________________________, with postal address at ___________________________________________________ for and in my name, place and stead, to vote as my proxy at the annual meeting of the members of the Federation to be held on ____________ 2011 during the 32th MFPI Congress regarding all and any issues requiring members’ votes at said meeting, and upon all matters to be brought up at said meeting. I confer full power of substitution, hereby ratify and confirm that my proxy may choose and vote in my stead with regard to said meeting by virtue of this proxy form. Furthermore, all previous proxy forms signed by me are rescinded.
As further proof of my consent, attached to this proxy form are: 1- copy of my identification; and 2 – a copy of proof of my membership to the Federation.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereby sign this ____ day of ________ in the year 2011.
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN to before me this ___ day of ______________ 2011, affiant exhibiting to me his/her Community Tax Certificate No. _________ issued at ________________ on ________________.
Doc. No. ______;
Page No. ______;
Book No. ______;
Series of 2011.
Join us in Mt. Isarog!
Ladies of MFPI and friends, we are excited to invite you to the 2011 MFPI ALL WOMEN’S CLIMB on Mt. Isarog, in the province of Camarines Sur on April 6-10, 2011. This is a chance for the women of MFPI to come together and let our hair down…it’s just us…no boys!