For Congress participants,
Find below the travel details on how to go to the basecamp and climb jumpoff point. The jump-off point for the Tubidiao, Guintubdan and PNOC climbers, proceed is at the basecamp. The jumpoff point for the Mapot climbers is at the Canlaon City. Please refer to the following advisory:
HOW TO GO TO THE BASECAMP (basecampers, Tubidiao, Guintubdan and PNOC climbers)
DESTINATION: Sitio Guintubdan, La Carlota City, Neg. Occ.
CONTACT PERSON: MAAN TORTUSA 09176166176
From the Airport
– Take a commuter van and ask to be dropped to the SDL terminal at the Libertad Public Market. Travel time is 30 minutes. Fare is P 150.00
– Take the first SDL mini bus bound for La Carlota City and get off at the Agora Public Market. Travel time is 1 hour. Fare is P 30.00
– At the Agora Public Market, look for the Guintubdan Jeepney Terminal situated at the front entrance of the Market. Ask to be dropped at the La Carlota Pavillion. Travel time is 30 minutes. Fare is P 30.00
From the Downtown Area
– Take any southbound Jeepney with the SHOPPING-LIBERTAD sign and ask to be dropped at the SDL Terminal. Follow the succeeding steps enumerated above. Jeepney fare is P 7.00.
From the SM City or Robinson’s Mall
– Take any southbound Jeepney with the LIBERTAD sign and ask to be dropped at the UNO-R. Get off in front of the University of Negros Occidental-Recoletos (UNO-R) and ask around for the location of the SDL terminal which is just about 50 meters from the University compound.
From the BREDCO Port.
– Take a tricycle and ask to be dropped at the public plaza.
– At the plaza, take any southbound Jeepney with the SHOPPING-LIBERTAD sign and ask to be dropped at the SDL terminal.
From the Ceres Terminals
– Take any southbound SHOPPING-LIBERTAD Jeepney in front of the terminal and ask to be dropped at the SDL Terminal in Libertad
– Take any Jeepney and get off at the Sincere drug store at the Libertad public market. Walk about 100 meters to the SDL terminal.
MAPOT Climbers (Mapot-Guintubdan climbers)
DESTINATION: Canlaon City, Negros Oriental
CONTACT PERSON: ALLAN HSU 09088721027
From the Airport
Take any commuter vans parked outside the airport and ask to be dropped at the CERES SOUTH TERMINAL . Fare is P 150.00. Travel time is 30 minutes. Emphasize that you’re going to the Ceres SOUTH Terminal.
From the downtown Area/SM City
Take any southbound SHOPPING-LIBERTAD or BANAGO-LIBERTAD Jeepney and ask to dropped at the CERES SOUTH TERMINAL.
From the Robinsons Mall or anywhere else in the City.
– Take any southbound Jeepney with the Libertad sign and get off at the UNO-R campus.
– At the UNO-R, take any SHOPPING-LIBERTAD or BANAGO-LIBERTAD Jeepney and get off at the CERES SOUTH TERMINAL.
AT THE CERES SOUTH TERMINAL
– Take a bus bound for Canlaon City. Travel time is 3 hours. Fare is P 90.00
AT THE CANLAON CITY
– Get off at the bus terminal. Go to the bakeshop across the Terminal where the organizers are based. Look for Allan Hsu.
– Just text me
Those who wish to join the mountain climbing activity of the national congress on April at Negros Occidental are advised to pre-register. This is a pre-requisite so that you will be issued a climbing permit. no walk-in registration for those who wish to join in any of the climbs.
as of this writing, the three routes are already closed and only the Tubidiao Ridge remains open. however this route is reserved only for mfpi members in god standing, mfpi applicants and sponsors. again let me reiterate that this climb is recommended only for the experienced hikers.
for luzon basecamp participants who wish to pre-register but wants to avoid the hassle of remitting their registration fees to the bank may do so at the C27 outdoor shop. just look fo jun.
at the general meeting of this year’s Congress, will have a bidding for the privilege of hosting the 2012 mid-year and 2013 national congress and mid-year. clubs who wish to host any of the said events may present their bid during the meeting. the 2011 mid-year is at Mt. Banahaw while the next Congress on 2012 is at Zambales. Agenda to follow.
for inquiries regarding the 2011 congress, please contact the event secretariat at email@example.com
The Pataan-Guintubdan and Guintubdan-Guintubdan routes are already closed. The Mapot route is reserved for Cebu and Mindanao members and applicants until Feb. 14, 2011 only after which the route will be opened to non-members. The Tubidiao Ridge is reserved exclusively for MFPI members and sponsors. Members in good standing (meaning those who have paid their dues) have until February 14, 2011 to book for the route. after which, it will be opened to applicant clubs and delinquent members provided that they pay their dues payable to their respective Regional officers prior to booking for the climb.
BMC Trainors Accreditation:
This is open to members who aspire to be BMC trainors. Those who have been conducting BMC within their clubs or have been assisting BMC instructions are encouraged to sign up for the program.
Basecamp participants who wish that the event t-shirt is of their exact size have to make representation with the Congress Secretariat not later than February 14, 2011 so that their sizes will be reserved.
For inquiries please get in touch with the Congress Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.
this is to fomally announce the 2011 annual congress to be held in Sitio Guintubdan, La Carlota City, Negros Occidental on april 27-30, 2011. the event will be hosted by the Negros Mountaineering Club, Inc. and will involve the following major activities:1. mountain climbing
a. mt. kanlaon (three routes at 9 persons per route)
mambukal – guintubdan traverse: 3 days
kanlaon city – guintubdan traverse: 2 days
guintubdan – guintubdan: 2 days
b. Upaw ridge – 30 climbers background: upaw is a newly opened peak at the vicinity of mt. kanlaon. it has several interesting features but you have to see the pictures that will soon be posted in order to really appreciate it. this is not recommended for beginners or weekend warriors. this is virgin territory and will be closed for climbing after the annual congress to preserve its pristine state.
2. BMC instructors trainingthis activity is intended to train and accredit new BMC instructors to augment the present pool of instructors of the fed. slots will be limited to two delegates per club and the delegates must have a recommendation letter from their club president in order to be admitted as applicant. applicants will undergo a 3-days instructors training course.
as is expected, the basecamp activities will be interesting and fun. the annual congress shall coincide with the Pasalamat Festival of La Carlota City and basecamp delegates will be treated to the salsa beat of the La Carlota drumbeaters among others. we shall also hold a fun run for the running enthusiasts.
in respect to the drive of the MFPI to give benefit to its members in good standing, preference on the climbs shall be given only to members who have paid their dues for the year 2010. they will be give a lead time to register. pre-registration for the climbs shall commence on december so if by that time the maximum number of climbers is reached then the registration for the mountain climbing activity shall be closed.
Obviously the instructors training is exclusive only to the MFPI members and preference shall also be given to paid members. but the acceptance of applications shall be done on a later date so that will give clubs more time to get in touch with their respective VP’s to pay their dues.
more details will follow. as of the meantime, please note the dates so that you could have it booked on your calendar.