For Congress participants,
Find below the travel details on how to go to the basecamp and climb jumpoff point. The jump-off point for the Tubidiao, Guintubdan and PNOC climbers, proceed is at the basecamp. The jumpoff point for the Mapot climbers is at the Canlaon City. Please refer to the following advisory:
HOW TO GO TO THE BASECAMP (basecampers, Tubidiao, Guintubdan and PNOC climbers)
DESTINATION: Sitio Guintubdan, La Carlota City, Neg. Occ.
CONTACT PERSON: MAAN TORTUSA 09176166176
From the Airport
– Take a commuter van and ask to be dropped to the SDL terminal at the Libertad Public Market. Travel time is 30 minutes. Fare is P 150.00
– Take the first SDL mini bus bound for La Carlota City and get off at the Agora Public Market. Travel time is 1 hour. Fare is P 30.00
– At the Agora Public Market, look for the Guintubdan Jeepney Terminal situated at the front entrance of the Market. Ask to be dropped at the La Carlota Pavillion. Travel time is 30 minutes. Fare is P 30.00
From the Downtown Area
– Take any southbound Jeepney with the SHOPPING-LIBERTAD sign and ask to be dropped at the SDL Terminal. Follow the succeeding steps enumerated above. Jeepney fare is P 7.00.
From the SM City or Robinson’s Mall
– Take any southbound Jeepney with the LIBERTAD sign and ask to be dropped at the UNO-R. Get off in front of the University of Negros Occidental-Recoletos (UNO-R) and ask around for the location of the SDL terminal which is just about 50 meters from the University compound.
From the BREDCO Port.
– Take a tricycle and ask to be dropped at the public plaza.
– At the plaza, take any southbound Jeepney with the SHOPPING-LIBERTAD sign and ask to be dropped at the SDL terminal.
From the Ceres Terminals
– Take any southbound SHOPPING-LIBERTAD Jeepney in front of the terminal and ask to be dropped at the SDL Terminal in Libertad
– Take any Jeepney and get off at the Sincere drug store at the Libertad public market. Walk about 100 meters to the SDL terminal.
MAPOT Climbers (Mapot-Guintubdan climbers)
DESTINATION: Canlaon City, Negros Oriental
CONTACT PERSON: ALLAN HSU 09088721027
From the Airport
Take any commuter vans parked outside the airport and ask to be dropped at the CERES SOUTH TERMINAL . Fare is P 150.00. Travel time is 30 minutes. Emphasize that you’re going to the Ceres SOUTH Terminal.
From the downtown Area/SM City
Take any southbound SHOPPING-LIBERTAD or BANAGO-LIBERTAD Jeepney and ask to dropped at the CERES SOUTH TERMINAL.
From the Robinsons Mall or anywhere else in the City.
– Take any southbound Jeepney with the Libertad sign and get off at the UNO-R campus.
– At the UNO-R, take any SHOPPING-LIBERTAD or BANAGO-LIBERTAD Jeepney and get off at the CERES SOUTH TERMINAL.
AT THE CERES SOUTH TERMINAL
– Take a bus bound for Canlaon City. Travel time is 3 hours. Fare is P 90.00
AT THE CANLAON CITY
– Get off at the bus terminal. Go to the bakeshop across the Terminal where the organizers are based. Look for Allan Hsu.
– Just text me