Monthly Archives: July 2005
The Mountaineering Federation of the Philippines through the Mountain Training board will conduct the Basic Mountaineering Course on July 30 & 31, 2005.
Interested individuals are requested to attend the orientation on July 28 7:30 PM at Pioneer Grill.
Course fee (Php 400.00)
MFPI Annual Membership fee (Php 200.00)
To get to Pioneer Center from:
EDSA Shaw – take a jeep to Pasig get off Pioneer and walk towards United Laboratories
EDSA Pioneer – take tricycle to Kapitolyo get off Pioneer Center
We need a minimum of 15 participants, invite your friends and fellow mountaineers.
The BMC is a pre-requisite for individual membership to the MFPI.
MFPI Mountain Training board
MINUTES OF THE JULY MFPI MEETING
Pioneer Grill, Pioneer Centre, Mandaluyong City
July 06, 2005 7:00 pm
Meeting was call to order @ 9:00 p.m.
I. President’s Report (Regie Pablo)
A. MFPI – ABS CBN Disaster Management Workshop
– Training target date is August
– Preparation for calamities (PROTOCOLS)
– Will be open to club presidents, group heads and persons with authorities
– Will settle protocols regarding volunteers
– MFPI requested ABS CBN that the venue for the workshop will be as follows:
Solano, Nueva Vizcaya
Cagayan De Oro City
B. FAMY Incident
– “Complaint against La Cobra Mountaineers”
– President’s position – issue should be resolved between the parties involved & MFPI can facilitate a dialogue
– Regie Pablo forwarded the “incident report to the owner of Storeshop
– MFPI E-groups – Regie Pablo stressed that the MFPI e-groups is a venue for individual opinions which doesn’t necessary reflect the opinion of MFPI group of officers.
* Ex president Butch Sebastian made a suggestion to create another mfpi e-group exclusively for MFPI club and regular members on top of the current “open” mfpi e-group.
II. Educom/MTB (Elmer Cabotage)
A. Announcement on modules for advance courses
– Sports climbing competition ( SCAPI )
– JEST Module (1K for transportation & course fee)
* will try to work out a lower rate for the module with SBMA
– LNT Instructor course scheduled in November ( Makiling Center )
– Other modules
1. Outdoor photography
3. Rock Climbing module (PAPCI)
B. BMC schedules (Mar Melendres)
– BMC 13 – July 30-31
– Orientation – July 28 (Thursday) Pioneer Grill
C. Issuance of certificate – for reproduction already
a. BMC Manual – publication on-going and will be provided for free for all MFPI affiliated clubs
– Coordination with SCAPI & PAPCI for 1 certification program
– Certificate will be controlled by MFPI & monitored by SCAPI & PAPCI
– ID numbers will be printed in each certificate
– Will be retroactive from the first BMC onwards
III. Mountain Safety Committee (Mark Murcia)
A. Update in Makulot incident
– Encouraging all MFPI members to file complaint right away if incidents like this happen
– The FED has no authority to blacklist any mountain as venues for climbs
– Self-defense subject (EDUCOM)
B. Volcanic activity in Mt. Kanlaon & Taal volcano
C. Changes in the qualifications / requirements for MFPI-SAR application (should be a degree holder)
D. Volunteers for disaster & relief operations
IV. Ways & Means Committee (Ice Morales)
– Business opportunity for potential Ways & Means Committee members (10% commission for every sponsors)
V. VP Luzon (Dodie Principe)
– Invitation for long-term volunteers to join the Sierra Madre Project
– Trail run was rescheduled (wait for further announcements to be posted in our Egroups)
– Invitation for volunteers for Gen.Nakar Rehabilitation Project
– July 21 – Foundation day of Gen. Nakar
– July 21-24 – tree nurturing & look for new water source
Concentration : (Agos river & Dingalan bay)
– Maximum volunteer headcount is 80pax. There will be provision for food and transportation. Those who will participate for the full 4 days (July 21-24) will be given priority
– All volunteers must be self-contained
* Deadline for confirmation – July 15
* Details will be posted in our Egroups
– The project is open for members & non-members
PRE-CLIMB WILL BE ON TUESDAY/JULY 19 IN PIONEER GRILL PATIO AREA AT 7:30. WE ALREADY HAVE 50 VOLUNTEERS SO THE REMAINING 30
SLOTS WILL BE SELECTED ON A “FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE” DURING THE PRE-CLIMB. PLEASE APPROACH OUR VP-LUZON TO REGISTER.
VI. MEMCOMM (Manny Yu)
– Reminder to settle membership dues
– Incentive for 2005 renewals & new member clubs
– Banner with club logos
*submit logos in COREL software instead of JPEG file for better resolution
VII. Other matters (Manny Yu)
– Congratulations to BMC group 11
* Project Title – “Kalinga sa Kalikasan, Tulong sa Dumagat”
Dated June 25-26,2005
– Congratulations also to Nestle’s Inakay and Fujitsu Outdoor Club initiated tree planting @ Makiling J.O.P. Special thanks to GAC and Regular Members who attended.
– DLSU-OC requesting for contact no’s of university base organizations (to be posted on MFPI yahoo groups) for their upcoming project.
Meeting was adjourned at 10 pm.
Prepared by: Thet Trajano
Checked by: Manny Yu
Approved by: Regie Pablo