22nd MFPI MID-YEAR CLIMB
22nd MFPI MID-YEAR CLIMB
Municipality of Ambaguio
Province of Nueva Vizcaya
October 24 to 28, 2007
“AGPA-TAGAYTAY”… Appreciating, Caring and Protecting our Watersheds towards a balanced ecosystem
September 25, 2007
TO: MFPI and non-MFPI members, outdoor clubs/organizations, enthusiasts and interested groups/individuals
Sir / Madam,
The Mountaineering Federation of the Philippines, Inc. (MFPI) thru the Sang-at Salug Outdoor Club, Inc. offers the hidden wonders of the Municipality of Ambaguio in the Province of Nueva Vizcaya for the 22nd Mid-Year Climb.
All roads lead to Poblacion, Ambaguio on October 24 to 28, 2007 as fellow mountaineers, outdoor organizations and enthusiasts, local environment stakeholders, LGUs, National Offices and other organizations/clubs in the country converge for this event, with a theme: “Agpa-tagaytay”…Appreciating, Caring, and Protecting the Watersheds towards a balanced ecosystem.
About 300 participants are expected not only to experience but participate in various activities not only in climbing the four (4) mountains that is being offered but also seminars and workshops about Protection, Preservation and Conservation of our Environment, Herbal Medicine, Rattan Weaving, Tie Dying, Alpine Climbing, Basic Mountaineering Course and other relevant activities.
We want to share with you the hidden beauty of the natural and cultural heritage of Ambaguio. And so, come and experience with us not only in appreciating but in caring and protecting our ecosystem.
Thank you and God bless!
Very truly yours,
Rommel Victor L. Lagon
(As of August 17)
By Bus: (Being work out by host club)
1. Manila to Bayombong (ONE WAY)
– P 319.00* (air-conditioned)
*Victory Liner as of July 2007
* P 638.00 (ROUND TRIP)
2. Bayombong to Poblacion, Ambaguio (ONE WAY)
– P 60.00 / person (jeep)
– P 70.00 / person (single motorcycle*)
*for 2 persons
* P 140.00 / person (“sibat or arkila”)
1. MFPI Member – P 500.00*
2. Non-MFPI – P 600.00
* MFPI member clubs’/batches’ President or representative is free of registration provided that they will present an official letter representing the club or batch.
* Included in the registration are the seminars, workshops, kits, certificates, climbs (except entrance, camping and green fee of P175.00/person in Mt. Pulag. Souvenir shirt being worked out by host club.
1. The club is still discussing with stakeholders regarding the following :
* Transient homes
* And other amenities
* (Discount/s on air fare being worked out courtesy of MFPI thru Ways & Means Committee)
2. Estimate food cost at P100 per person per day (excluding vices).
3. The base camp is at Ambaguio Central School ground.
4. The club will post updates.